How a Scout Group works:
- We are a community that helps young people to learn positive skills and develop friendships for life.
- Parents/Caregivers/Guardians are an integral part of the Group’s success.
- We are 100% voluntary and self-funding – leaders are not paid.
- We are not a kid-sitting service.
Sign off required for the following:
- I, <<Full Name of Primary Adult>>, agree to <<Given-name of child>> becoming part of SCOUTS New Zealand at Hawke Sea Scout Group and fully participating in its adventurous activities.
- I agree that photographs taken during activities and events are the property of SCOUTS New Zealand and may be used in publicity and marketing of SCOUTS New Zealand.
- I agree to share in the organising and running of this Scout Group.
- I agree to provide required additional information online via the secure OSM system once I had been sent my login details.
- encourage my child to be well behaved
- ensure my child is registered and fees are paid
- ensure all contact and health details are up to date
- ensure all activity and camping costs are paid promptly
- volunteer time to the Group
Examples of Volunteer Roles:
- Kea, Cub & Scout leaders
- Sailors & Patrol/Safety Boat Skippers and Crew
- Group Activities – Regattas, Group Camps, Ski Trip
- Events co-ordinator
- Fundraising/grant applications
- Equipment organiser (Quartermaster)
- Property maintenance and gardens
- Pro-bono legal advisor